The Tasmanian Men's Shed Association (TMSA) was formed in 2009.
The TMSA provide assistance locally through support, information and auspicing.
The organisation exists only through the efforts of volunteers from various sheds around Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Men's Shed Association committee lobby local and state government for funding on behalf of registered sheds.
We offer a local link to the national body, the Australian Men’s Shed Association.
The Tasmanian Men's Shed Association has the following roles:
- To represent Men's Sheds to Governments, NGOs, funding sources etc.
- To publicize and promote the Men's Shed concept.
- To assist in training, OHS, funding and insurance advice.
- To maintain communications between Sheds.
- To provide Start up information documentation for new sheds.
- To act as a neutral body where overall decisions are required.
Our Strategic Plan is available for you to download and read here.
If you are a Men's Shed and would like to become a member of Tasmanian Men's Shed Association, download and fill out our membership application form here.
TMSA Grants Program – Round Five
The TMSA Grants Program supports the sustainable development of Men's Sheds in Tasmania.
Round Five of the TMSA Grants Program will open for applications on 7 January 2017 and close on 17 February 2017.
For the first time grants are being made available in two categories:
· Category One: Grants up to $5 000 for tools, equipment, member training and community initiatives.
· Category Two: Grants up to $10 000 for capital works.
Further information and the Grants Program Guidelines and Application Form are available from www.dpac.tas.gov.au/
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Geoff Marsh, Executive Officer, TMSA for feedback and advice with their application to assist in providing the strongest case for funding. Geoff can be contacted by telephone on 0488 005 213 or by email at email@example.com
The TMSA Grants Program is an initiative of the Tasmanian Government.