The Tasmanian Men's Shed Association (TMSA) was formed in 2009.
The TMSA provide assistance locally through support, information and auspicing.
The organisation exists only through the efforts of volunteers from various sheds around Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Men's Shed Association committee lobby local and state government for funding on behalf of registered sheds.
We offer a local link to the national body, the Australian Men’s Shed Association.
The Tasmanian Men's Shed Association has the following roles:
- To represent Men's Sheds to Governments, NGOs, funding sources etc.
- To publicize and promote the Men's Shed concept.
- To assist in training, OHS, funding and insurance advice.
- To maintain communications between Sheds.
- To provide Start up information documentation for new sheds.
- To act as a neutral body where overall decisions are required.
Our Strategic Plan is available for you to download and read here.
If you are a Men's Shed and would like to become a member of Tasmanian Men's Shed Association, download and fill out our membership application form here.
The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING for the Tasmanian Men’s Shed Association Inc will be held at the Riverlands Centre, 159 Wellington Street, Longford, Tasmania on Thursday 8 September 2016 commencing at 10.30 am
Lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided to all attendees .
Program for the day
1. 10 am to 10.30 am Registration and morning tea
2. 10.30 am to 11.30 am AGM
3. 11.30 am to 11.45 am Break
4. 11.45 am to 12 noon Official Opening – Guy Barnett
5. 12 noon to 12.30 pm Men’s Shed Research Project – Lisa Schimanski and Geoff Marsh
6. 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm Lunch Break
7. 1.30 pm to 1.50 pm Aurora Energy presentation – Rebecca Kardos, CEO and Chris Warr
8. 1.50 pm to 2.20 pm DPAC Grants Program – Geoff Marsh
9. 2.20 pm to 2.50 pm Open forum
10. 2.50 pm to 3.00 pm Meeting summary, afternoon tea and finish